Juliana Camargo, MPH
Phone: 913.578.5478 Email: email@example.com
Juliana Camargo is a PhD student of Medical Nutrition at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She is currently in the RCT phase III ADORE – Assessment of DHA on Reducing Early Preterm Birth, and Nutricity – Development of a website to teach nutrition to parents. She also worked in the adaptation of Assessment of Nutrition Literacy Tool (NLit) to Spanish and Portuguese.
Ms. Camargo is originally from Campinas, Brazil. She completed her Master in Public Health at the State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), and undergraduate studies in Nutrition at Pontifical Catholic University of Campinas (PUCCAMP).
Ms. Camargo has been awarded with a scholarship from Brazilian government program Science without Boarders to complete her PhD at KUMC, and Ringle Health Professional Scholarship from KUMC Department of Dietetics & Nutrition. Ms. Camargo won as the top five best abstracts at V International Conference of Child and Adolescent Health of University of Sao Paulo.
Juliana loves dancing, travelling, and cooking for her family and friends.
- Camargo, J; Owens, S; Cupertino, P; Gibbs, H. (2016) Measuring nutrition literacy in Latinos: Development of an instrument in Spanish. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 48(7): S39- S40.
- Camargo, JMTB, Marín-León, L. (2016) Factors associated with overweight among elementary schoolchildren in Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil. Revista de Nutrição, 29(3), 401-413. https://dx.doi.org/10.1590/1678-98652016000300010.
- Camargo, JMTB, Marin-Leon, L. (2014) Nutritional status of schoolchildren: the importance of softdrinks. Brazilian Conference of Nutrition.
- Camargo, JMTB, Marin-Leon, L. (2014) Association of gestational weight gain abdominal obesity in schoolchildren. Brazilian Conference of Nutrition.
- Souza, BFNJ; Camargo, DFM; Costa, MCP; Camargo, JMTB, White, HJ; Marin-Leon, L. (2014) Association of food insecurity and tuberculosis: a systematic review. IX Brazilian Conference of Epidemiology.
- Camargo, JMTB; Marin-Leon, L. (2013) Association between parental BMI and abdominal obesity in primary school children from Campinas/ SP. V Annual Health Conference of Child and Adolescent – CISCA. Sao Paulo: Journal of Human Growth and Development.
- Camargo, JMTB; Marin-Leon, L. (2013) Conditions associated with overweight/obesity in schoolchildren. V Annual Health Conference of Child and Adolescent – CISCA. Sao Paulo: Journal of Human Growth and Development.